The dynamic load of the Össur Rebound ACL on the femur is generated by applying an anterior directed dynamic force on the thigh area, and opposing counter forces on the anterior aspect of the tibia. This dynamic load is designed to increase the load on the femur as the knee goes from flexion into extension providing an anterior drawer force necessary to decrease load on the ACL to allow the ACL to heal properly without opposing forces on the ligament.
Indications for use
- Non-surgical treatment of ACL ruptures
- Post-surgical rehabilitation for:
- Partial ACL tears
- ACL reconstruction / augmentation
- ACL revision
Features and benefits
- Dynamic Tension System (DTS) is designed to increase the load on the femur as the knee goes from flexion into extension providing an anterior drawer force necessary to decrease load on the ACL to allow it to heal
- The Rebound ACL allows for specific load adaptation according to the patient’s individual anatomy and rehabilitation related requirements
- Lightweight brace with proprietary Sensil® silicone calf liner and doeskin thigh liner reduce migration while providing comfort to the patient
- Custom molded posterior frame for optimized fit and support, with open anterior for ease of donning/doffing
- Available in 12 colors
Rebound® ACL Case Studies
Key opinion leaders around the world are incorporating Rebound Functional Healing products into their treatment protocols to improve patient outcomes. Read their full case studies below:
Rebound ACL Case Studies
Dr. Thomas Stein
Executive Senior Physician in the Department for Sport Traumatology at Berufsgenossenschaftliche Unfalklinik Frankfurt am Main.
19-year-old female with acute femoral ACL rupture and osseous avulsion fractures of the medial and lateral posterior meniscus root treated with double transtibial root repair in combination with arthroscopic transfemoral ACL-refixation with additive transarticular augmentation.
27-year-old-man with acute anteromedial knee instability with a complete tear of the ACL and complete tibial injury of the MCL and POL treated with two-ligament repair with arthroscopic transtibial ACL-refixation with additive transarticular augmentation and an open anatomic refixation of the superficial and deep layer of the MCL and the refixation of the POL.
|Rebound ACL Right||B-124501156|
|Rebound ACL Left||B-124501157|
|B-705130042||Extension Stop Kit|
|B-705130043||Flexion Stop Kit|
|B-705130044||Shear Knob Kit|
|B-705130048||Condyle Pad Kit|
Order using Össur’s SmartMeasure iOS App